Updated: Aug 26
Have any of you tried Sweet Dixie Dies? A very affordable collection that covers all areas of celebrations and more.
So today I'm going to show you a card made from one of the male collections and ideal for Father's Day that's coming in June.
Shopping list for items used is at the end of this blog
- I started with a C5 card blank (or crease a A4 sheet of white card in half)
- Next I cut a Matt from the Vintage Texures Pastel Paper Pad and used as my background.
- Now for the bar I used the CE Woodgrain Plank die on a dark brown piece of card.
I also cut a small piece of Kraft card with the same die for the bar top.
Cut the bar down slightly smaller than the length of the Top so the top can over hang.
- Next I cut a smaller darker brown piece of card to go in the middle and then a further smaller piece in Matt Mirri. Glue these all together as in the picture.
- Next cut a thin strip of Silver Mirri for the foot rest and cut this shorter than the length of the bar, glue to the base of the bar.
- Now using the Sweet Dixie Cheers Die Set, cut 3 of the top of the pump in silver mirri and trim as in the photo.
Place these in intervals along the silver strip.
- Now using foam tape add the bar to the bottom of your card , just above the bottom of the backing paper.
- Now for the sentiment on the bar I used a deep brown and added a peel off but of course use a die if you have one for Fathers Day. - Using Gold Mirri Matt the sentiment and then add to the bar.
- We need to cut 3 pumps next in the same deep brown and then just 3 tops and 3 bottoms of the pumps in gold mirri. Just trim these down and glue to the brown pumps. Glue these flush to the bar with glue.
- Next cut one of each of the pump signs and add to each pump using a foam pad.
Final part of this card is to add a Dad die cut and I'm sure you will all have one in your craft stash but Jamie's Male Sentiments Dies are perfect.
Cut in black card and glue to the top centre of the card.
Nice and simple and perfect for any male celebration.
I hope your liked my blog and will give it a go and remember to show all your makes on
https://m.facebook.com/groups/createwithcraftmaniaandjamierodgers/?ref=share We love to see what you have been up to.
Thank you all and look out for more blogs featuring a different Sweet Dixie Die Set as we Spotlight these incredible dies.
Craftmania Shopping List -