Here we have a brand new spotlight from Spellbinders and this one is a lovely watering can full of flowers .
- To start with, from the - Pop Up 3D Vignette Watering Can Bouquet die set you need to cut 5 of the bodies in a pearl silver card and I would just cut 2 each of the spout and the handle on the same colour and stick them together to make one thicker one, I don’t think you need more. I followed a set of instructions and placed five pourers and five handles and I think it looked a bit too much, so removed a few of them.
This however is personal choice as you can see in my picture I have three handles but I would have preferred just one. What is really helpful is the included instructions in the packaging and the video that Spellbinders have created to give you more ideas and inspiration. Link to Spellbinders video - https://youtu.be/hY2VzTA_8DI
- Next - in the same card cut one of the little spout sprinkles with holes, and in black card the spout layer.
Then, again in the pearl silver card cut two of the vignette side pieces.
- Next with white card, cut your flowers and leaves(I made about 12 flowers and cut about 12 sets of leaves) and you will need nine stems.
- Now to start construction, first take two of the bodies of the watering can and cut off the little hook pieces on the sides. - Then on the one you're going to use as front take a piece of sandpaper or a nail file and lightly rub on the embossed bits just to distress it.
You can also distress the handle and spout
- Now we need to place them in the side bits.
- Now you have assembled a watering can you can colour and make your flowers .
- I used Oxide inks to do this - Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon , Peeled Paint, Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade.
I simply blended them using the blending brushes and coloured the leaves and stems with the peeled paint .
- Once the stems are dry fold in half and glued together, then you can construct your flowers as seen in my pictures.
Stick your stems on the backs of the flowers and stick the leaves just below them, I put two on each stem .
- Then just simply tuck them into the slots on the top of the watering can, and stick some glue on the stem to make sure they stay put .
I added some more flowers to look like they were falling out of the watering can .
- Then I cut a tag from Sam Poole's - Tattered Tags dies in white card and coloured them the same as the flowers and using a 'Happy Birthday' stamp from Francoise Reads plant display set I stamped onto the tag using Archival Ink .
- To finish, I added little dots of glue to the flower centres and sprinkled with - Cosmic Shimmer Sahara Gold glitter and tied the tag round the spout with some string .
The picture below shows it folds flat .
Hope you enjoy these fun dies, they make a change from the norm
Lynn x Craftmania Shopping List WHILE STOCKS LAST - Ink Pads -
Card Stock -